We offer strategic expertise to companies and non-profits and works in partnership (e.g., shared value programs), to improve business performance while caring for people and the planet.
You can work with us on projects in Supply Chain Integrity, Building Brands and Products with Integrity, Marketing with Integrity, Ingredients with Integrity, and Global Agricultural Innovation.
Success across industries and business objectives:
- Introducing new analytic and traceability tools to industrial and consumer goods manufacturers
- Bringing healthier products and ingredients to retailers and manufacturers
- Transforming logistics and warehousing with improved process and IoT technology for efficiency and productivity
- Aligning manufacturing processes with customer demand and lean process flows
- Coordinating S&OP process with the service level, inventory, and profitability targets
- Sourcing and Procurement: Improving performance with tools and technologies such as scorecard/control tower development, improvement recommendations
- Scope 1-4 Analyses of Supply Chains using GRI, SASB and TCFD standards, Assessment of Internal controls and targets, emissions and KPI reporting
Supply chain integrity
Getting the best use of high-cost raw materials, assuring integrity and quality, and minimizing waste and recovery of all inputs are important activities for modern supply chains to manage. Tracking inputs, measuring their use, and allowing customers to see the improvements builds trust and credibility. Many brands are using the benefits of transparency to improve and secure their core business areas.
- Mapping supply chain using ISO and WRI reporting standards to understand risks and opportunities and developing a plan that addresses largest impacts.
- Using material management and product life cycle software to re-engineer our processes to reduce cost and waste.
- Develop and implement plans to recycle/re-use by-product materials using capture, preserve, and extraction value.
- Develop and implement efficient energy capture and re-use techniques for energy and water.
- Address new food safety standards, energy credits, and supplier efficiencies to make your business more sustainable.
Strategic visioning and brand and product planning
For Strategic Visioning with high-performance teams use a 2nd generation brainstorming for high-performance teams, based on ‘inventor’s thinking patterns.
Groups make use of the ‘closed world’ of the existing product including the product itself and its immediate surroundings. The product/process is dissected into components; then rearranged in a recognizable yet highly improved form.
For Brand and Product Planning we used market analysis and market visits to identify assortment and quantify the sales potential. We interview customers online to confirm product acceptance, purchase intent, and customer education and communication programs required.
We built a credible brand integrity brief to guide sourcing and development decisions and rolled out a new brand across 12 categories and 150 products within a year.
Global agricultural innovation
Working across agricultural industries from farm owners, labor groups, NGOs, and produce sellers, Sustainable Innovations focuses on GAPs (Good Agricultural Practices) and GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) to increase productivity and quality, driving social and environmental improvements in the agricultural sector.
- Developed business plan and raised capital for a multi-stakeholder community initiative with a natural retailer, a local agricultural college, organic produce, and livestock suppliers, and an organic fertilizer company.
- Managed project for a pasture-raised organic beef and poultry farm, and on-farm meat processor with closed-loop waste management.
- Developed capital plan for fishery community to attract investment in value-added processing and fertilizer plant.
- Developed a successful fundraising plan for a coffee and cocoa certification program to expand training and investment in Africa, Asia, and Central America.
Marketing and communications with integrity
Brands need a guiding framework to position their benefits effectively and differentiate their uniqueness in a compelling way to the consumer. This means building sales using in-store promotion and building customer loyalty using new media techniques.
SI has assisted large and small companies alike in communicating with inspiring stories, promoting the positive impacts of sustainable practices, and improving product and ingredients, quality and cost. We work with brands that have a soul, values, and a proven personal health and sustainability concept.
SI gets involved at an early stage to provide brand positioning and product customization, build distribution and develop an entry strategy for a new product or company.
Better quality ingredients
Consumers want to know how and where their products are grown and manufactured and are looking for healthier choices, authentic ingredients, and cleaner product labels. Brands and retailers are looking for methods to guide consumers to healthier, more sustainable food choices.
We identify new multifunctional ingredients including probiotics, yeasts, ancient grains, super-fruits, and fiber ingredients that have multiple flavors and form-enhancing properties in food. We also work to bring new processing and organic ingredient technologies to use in mainstream food formulas for baked goods, snacks, and beverages.
- Developing and implementing unique and scalable fruit extraction ingredients for beverage companies.
- Implementing consumer health information programs for new ingredients and traditional foods that contain high nutritional value.
- Develop dairy products using pro-biotic ingredients for a major retail chain.
Ready to find out more?
Write to us today about your challenges!